Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cindy's Dog and Pony Show


I love this picture. I took it on our way out to my parents house the day we moved in after the flood. It is hard to see Wyatt's face, but Milton looks so serious. I took it to document that they were cuddling, which we have not seen them do since they were little baby puppies.

After I took the picture and looked at it I got a little teary because I wondered maybe we scared them to death with the flood trauma. And then I started thinking about what bad puppy parents we were. Then I started thinking that was stupid because maybe dogs just don't really care. I did tell them the first night of the flood that this was something that was going to make them grow up, not that they really understood what I was saying.

Well, my worries have subsided now that Wyatt and Milton are guests at Cindy's Dog and Pony Show. My mom has been so good about taking care of them along with her two dogs. All four dogs have not been getting along too well, so my mom shifts them around from the backyard to the garage to different rooms in the house. So she started calling it her "Dog and Pony Show." If you call my parents house get ready for her to answer, "Cindy's Dog and Pony Show."

Wyatt and Milton have definitely grown up and are now "socialized." It is hard because we don't have as much time to spend with them now, but I cannot wait to get back in our house and all sit on the couch, well a new couch, but sit there and rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment