Sunday, January 16, 2011

cleaning

I have a slight obsession, okay a big obsession with cleaning our home. It gets me into trouble sometimes because I can't relax or think straight until I have cleaned. It is not always easy to keep our home sparkling when we have two 100 pound dogs running around. Luckily, I grew up with a mom that is always buying into all the new cleaning products and cleaning ideas. Some may not view that as lucky, but I know that I do because when I walk into a cleaning supplies isle I am like a kid in a candy shop.

When Wyatt and Milton were puppies, my cleaning supplies obsession got a little out of control because I was determined to find the best and safest way to clean around animals. This could be a whole other blog post, which maybe I will take a 1/2 day and let you guys in on some secret puppy cleaning ways.

But, this post is the first of my cleaning advice and findings. I know it is not the most exciting of all blogs, but it is something I enjoy and if you enjoy it too, then you know how insane it is!

Today, Austin and I ventured out to Sam's Club and the grocery store. While at the grocery store I walked straight to the cleaning supplies isle to pick up some Woolite Oxygen Stain and Odor remover for pets. Exciting I know. In the meantime, Austin managed to pick up all the other necessities and then find me right where I started.

My number one must have cleaning supply right now is the Woolite Oxygen Stain and Odor remover for pets. You can spray it on your couch, pillows, carpet, rugs, dogs, okay not dogs, but pretty much whatever you want.




But, today I came across a new and exciting product. Arm and Hammer carpet booster with oxy clean. It comes in a big baking soda like box and it looks like baking soda too. It is user friendly too, you just shake it all over your carpet and let it sit for 15-30 minutes, then vacuum. I used it in our bedroom and closet and upstairs where the dog crates are. it worked really well. The only downside was that I used the whole box, but it only cost $1.80/ box. So, maybe I will stock up? I could see this being a staple in my cleaning organizer. Yes, I do have a cleaning organizer and yes Austin did buy it for me because he knows I love cleaning so much and he knew I would love it. It obviously does not take much to get me excited.



Does anyone else have pet cleaning advice?

1 comment:

  1. I love that pet oxygen stuff! Let it sit for 5 minutes and the stain is gone!

    ReplyDelete