Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Beginnings




I realized this evening that it has been way too long since my last post. If I got a grade on how great of a blogger I am, I would score very low on whatever scale it is that the "blogger's judges" go by. But, here I am with a promise, to at least myself, that I will do a much better job of keeping up with this! I am very happy to say that we are now halfway into January of 2011 !! After the jam-packed year of 2010, I have a really good feeling about this new year. Austin and I did not make specific resolutions because we have spent the past nine months analyzing and thinking over way too many things. So, 2011 is a slow down! Here are some things that I am excited about...


1 less IS more (this can fall into many categories such as less spending, less home decorating, less clothes buying, etc)

2 being thankful for the little things (a roof over my head, a comfy couch, food in the pantry,etc.)

3 more spontaneous, less planning (this is hard for me because I like to have EVERYTHING planned out, but towards the end of 2010 I realized that I stress myself out way too much trying to plan every single detail that I am too exhausted to enjoy anything. I will most likely still plan everything out, but my goal is to continue to remind myself to slow down and enjoy each day because memories are more important than hours of planning, and also more fun!)

4 if you know me well then you know that I am pretty much all the time thinking about what else I can do to decorate our house. This is fun and all, but whenever I get an idea, I HAVE to have or do whatever it is I am thinking about. So, this year I only have a few things I am going to focus on, which I will get into those later!

5 adventure.

6 giving back. After such a humbling experience with the flood. I am forever grateful to family, friends, and the people of nashville who supported us and our neighbors.

7 of course, last but not least, spending more time having fun and spending quality time with Austin and Wyatt and Milton.


That's a long list for someone who doesn't have a resolution. But, these are things that I have learned about myself in the past year and that I want to continue to improve on.

So, I think 2011 is going to be a wonderful year! Or, we could have a million things happen at once and not get any rest for months in a row, but, if that is the case then we will continue to be blessed by the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment