Friday, June 11, 2010

41 Days Later

It has been over a month since the flood. We are so blessed to be as far along as we are.

There have been so many ups and downs. Sometimes I feel like a crazy person. I think when we are back in the house and everything is done I won't feel as crazy. Aside from the fact that we are literally displaced from our house, some days I feel completely displaced from the person I was before the flood. For the most part I am okay with that. Since Austin and I got married I have said many times, "okay, now I actually feel like a grown up." Well, "Okay, NOW I AM a grown up." It is not a feeling, it is a reality that you just get over.

One thing that has not really changed about me is my impatience. I am probably the most impatient person. Sometimes that is a good thing, but when your house is flooded and everything is literally everywhere and you are living out of a box, the level of impatience for an impatient person gets somewhat intolerable. Even though I get frustrated when I hear things are going to get pushed back or things are not going to be the same, I am amazed to see how patient Austin is.

I am so excited and of course impatient about what each day has to offer, but I am amazed at the lessons God is teaching me. I am not a perfect person and knowing that is the most freeing thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment